Okay, is this or is this not a Mad Men dress if ever you saw one? I seriously want to dye my hair red, grab a bubblegum cigarette, and start offering unsolicited advice subtly couched in crushing putdowns. It's from White House | Black Market, and the funny thing is that I never spotted it in stores, but as soon as it got marked down online, I HAD TO HAVE EET. With my "Black Book" membership (which is the WHBM equivalent of a Sephora VIB membership), I always get free shipping, so it seemed like a fairly risk-free order.
When one of my students called it "very Jackie O.," I loved it all the more. This asymmetrical, foldover collar is my favorite part. RHB, just knowing that I'd want to rhapsodize about the collar, took a shot of it:
|Huge thanks to RHB for being my photographer!|
This dress actually came with a belt, but it was so awkwardly placed (read: shoved right under my rack) that I snipped off the belt loops and decided to go without.
- "Menswear" sheath dress: White House | Black Market (no longer available online)
- Sunglasses: Coach (via Nordstrom Rack)
- Silver earrings: Lia Sophia (via my mom)
- Tights: Hue "Super Opaque" (Macy's)
- Ancient Mary Jane pumps: Kensie
- Handbag ("Hammy"): MICHAEL Michael Kors